*BolanleAP*
~Sooooooooooooo I didnt study yesterday :-( :-( :-( I know I know, sowiee naa, the plan was to do some house chores and then hit the books but wha had hpnd was my little cousin, 14 yr old chica, had her final competition to become part of a spoken word team and I had to attend to support her!. It was such a BIG deal because she was performing at a very famous theater plus the team gets to go compete in Chicago with against other SLAM teams for title of best in country.
You see I had been at her first and second round competitions, this girl btw was the youngest to compete beating out some REALY REALLY good older poets, the content of her material is just ridic, am like and you are how old again?!? anywhooo her mum had called me around 5:30 saying that they had an extra ticket (I waited too long that by the time I was ready to buy my own it was sold out, least to say the kid was bummed o!) and asked if I could still make for 7 to the show, what was I supposed to say than ofcourse I'll jump in the shower and be right there!.
I made it there by 7:30 and luckily for me she had not gone on yet, I love my black ppl they started a lil late, so i settled in to watch the show. Ppl am I the only one who sometimes doesn't understand what this poets are saying, when they get in their zones and they start speaking all this big grammatics, am still stuck on trying to figure the meaning of what they saying that have either moved on to some other big word or they have even finished the poem, all i was saying was Na wa oooo! long story short, she didn't make it,*sob sob*, but she did her very best though, she was exceptional and she got to perform the second peom she had written, they had made her the honorary poet for the night!
Afterwards we took her out and I was supposed to go home oooooooooo but my girls had been bbming (black berry msgr, if you don't have a black berry get with the program!) about going out and in the end I succumbed to it, it was already 12, I was just going to go home to sleep, so heck I decided to go out with them and I must say once of the best nights ever!!!
We went to a hookah bar first, twas funn! pls make sure to try pomegranate flavour if you go...it was an oyinbo scene so you know once the blacks walked in the DJ had to play us and start playing some hiphop and reggae..but after a couple songs the guy held his own o..doing throw back, everyone remember "here comes the hotstepper, murdererrrr, am the lyrical gangster, murdererrrrr" we sha boogied...so after we finished smoking, hehehe, just like the say that to sound "cool", we headed to this coded spot and met up with one of our guy friends there who sharply got us in....it was 2am and girls were definitely not feening to do stand on line! so we get in and are just having a ball man, the DJ was on point!, after a while one of my girls starts silently screaming..."OMG AJ is standing right behind you and Biggie is to your right!!!!!" am like huh, so I turned around and truth be told twas AJ, rem AJ? from 106 and park and Biggie was the dude that played biggie in the movie, dont know his real name..AHHHHH love my city, so ofcourse we had to be groupies, and rolled up to biggie and ask for his picture and didn't want to make AJ feel bad so ran up on him also to take a picture also :-)















SO ofcourse I had to crop myself out the picture, but yes this was from last night not some random picture from the web!! :-P, and no lie this dude was huge man...live size teddy bear!


















And here's AJ...boringggggg...think he's a D-lister now, my friend asked him what he does now and he was like he has some entertainment show..dunno anything about it..but still I guess is nice to see somewhat famous ppl!


am really bad in this whole picture placing thingie but ALL in ALL it was a fun night and am actually glad I went, winding down from this past week's activities...btw nobody has responded yet to my roommate ad, hope you are praying o! and I WILL study today, pinkie swear after I finish cooking jollof rice, fried rice, stew, pasta....yum yum getting hungry writing them down,all for this week's lunch o...dont intend on buying lunch this wk, saves me a TON of money :-)....HAPPY PALM SUNDAY btw and have a great week!~
6 Responses
  1. BSNC Says:

    abeg study oo. you have been saying you will study since happy years ago. Your cousin is just like mine, i don't know he does it too( the poem thingy). Am gald you had fun, but go and read!!!!!!

    have a nice week


  2. *BolanleAP* Says:

    i been studying girl oooo...during the week though, let me not seem like a bad child just needed to do some good couple hrs straight, reading as I type byeeeeeeee!
    waiting for your gist o!


  3. how you hold Aj like say na your man? lol! No make im wife catch you oh! =)

    I love hookah joints, but the last time I allowed myself, I felt sick the entire next day =(


  4. Buttercup Says:

    lol @ solomonsydelle's comment..i was gonna say somn along those lines too..lol..

    eeya, poor ur cousin..at least she got honored..

    wow u saw the biggie dude..coooooool! he does look like a teddy bear!

    glad u had fun..

    good luck with the roommate serach..just give it time..


  5. *BolanleAP* Says:

    @Solomonsydelle
    as the guy hold me for back, na so i hold am for front too, what can a girl do! hehehehe, he was cool about it though

    yes that means you probably smoked it well well..made you feel real light headed!

    @B'cup
    yes o..poor baby when they she did her second peom she was holding back tears..but its all good, she can compete next year

    thanks girl..am giving it, will go into panic mode by 3rd week in April if no one by then..hehehe


  6. lol..u saw the "biggie dude"? did u get him to do that beat boxing thing he did when Faith was mad at him? hehe

    p.s. go and study!