*BolanleAP*
~ Mehn when I say I have had one kind of kwe kwe luck with roommates I REALLY have had it o! so for the past month or so I haven't been home on the weekends so when I come back home am just like dead tired after doing ROUTINE during the week to do any serious house chores, this saturday rolls by and am home so I'm cleaning my room (with plans on doing the rest of the house) and I go out to throw some stuff only to see that my roommate has taken the thrash out of the bathroom...You don't even know how I want to curse her out because in my head am like is that all you are going to do??? this isn't overreacting when I tell her story, anyways let me start from the beginning explaining my woes with ALL roommates I have had!

Roomates 1 & 2 -

Ahh my first set of roommates after moving out from my cousin's place (you know living with extended family also has its quanta, yet another story) a year after being in the states. 2 naija sisters, we'll call them Sade and Jumoke. I was looking for a roommate and they were looking for a place to stay so it was the perfect arrangement. If only I knew what was going to happen I would have jejely not roomed with anyone to begin with but as they say naa condition make crayfish bend so its was what it was.
Sade was what you called the definition of LAZY, I mean if you check dictionary you should see Sade there, kai kai kai...she can use the same towel for the whole year round and not give a shit, but what is my business that's her own personal hygiene but when you don't clean the space we are sharing there comes the problem.
Jumoke was cool in terms of carrying her weight in the house, of course which was a little suprising since she was the younger one.
So what we did was basically come up with an arrangement that one person does the bathroom, one person kitchen, one person living room...after all 3 spaces, 3 ppl. Well it would work for 2 wks but if I travelled out of town ( enjoying life in college naa) my own chore would not be carried out..but if it was Sade who went Jumoke and I would do her own o, I couldn't comprehend it and then what was the worstest was when I went to nigeria for like a month and came back and saw the bathroom which was mine was not washed!!! like how do you shower for 1 whole month and not wash bathroom..infact just not bath at all now, what kind of wahala is this??.
Now you know when my mum came to visit, all that laziness shit wasn't going to fly..cuz before we moved in together our mums had talked and you know naijas my daughter is your daughter stuff, feel free to treat her like yours, so she said to solve the problem so the house can be cleaned, each week one person will clean the whole house, after all unless you get a maid right from the jump in your husbands house will you not clean your house yourself?!, also that way nobody felt like they got stuck doing harder chore than the other. hmmppff for where, that one no work o for Sade atleast..anyways lets just say Glory be to God the day she moved after graduating college, cuz me and Jumoke had our rappore and we kept it up.

So then am sure the next question is were is the eeeeeeek for this story coming in..and it is coming right now! Soooo me and Jumoke moved to a new apartment and continued with our cleaning habits which was great but slowly we sha drifted apart in friendship once her sister moved, plus she has some kind of attitude that just didn't rub well with me and used to do things that irked me out e.g. if my mum was around she would only wash her own plate even if my mum left only a cup in the sink, so I figured all for the better. I am a laid back kind of person so if you just do your responsibilites then there's no problem we don't have to be best of friends.

My mum is very afrocentric so she had brought me some artifacts for the living room...so Jumoke comes to me to say drumroll pls.."Abeni these things look like Idols and as a child of God I don't want them in my living room, pls can you move it to your room" ...i was befuddled..I had to say come again...so she said something of this sort again "Abeni they remind me of things from the village...sango worshipping..I'm a born again christian..."..my people, everyone is allowed their own opinions o but if in the span of 3 good years of living together you enter church 2 times, I don't see you spreading the word of God and living a spirit filled life (am sure she had her own way of being a born again christian,righttt), I mean am not a holier than thou christian but abegii don't come to me with that kind of statement, so I proceeded to explain to her that i don't think my mum would want to put jazz in our house, my mum is a christian and they were just simply gifts to help add some flair to our apartment. Instead of her to say let's pray about it,omo the girl no gree o, she kept saying I should take it to my room, I mean are you serious if it was sango filled do you think evil cannot fly and come and catch you in your room and that's when proceeded to tell her all the things that had been building up, and told her I don't think this living arrangement is working out for me. long story short, you should see the way she changed when we actually sat down to talk, she cried saying she didn't know she behaved that way and that maybe we could work things out..blah blah, mehn am a softie but I just kinda had had it with her..plus my mum wasn't having none of it. So she ended up moving out!

Ok this post is getting long didn't realize just one story would be this long, and I took a lot out also o! so I'll talk about the other 2 in another post...sighhhh..anyways have a good week and I think am starting to enjoy blogging o, was it me who said I didn't like to write?? no jinxing before I wouldn't have anything else to write about.

Have a blessed week ;-) ~
7 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    eeeeyyyaaa na wa o....I can't lie I have never had cause to experience such and it really scares me mehnnn


  2. Buttercup Says:

    loooooool! nawa o..

    i feel u to some extent..my siblings and i have had peeps live with us for a while....lets just say u never really know a person until u start living together!


  3. BSNC Says:

    lol eya i feel ur pain. na really condition make cray fish bend. she better behave herself oo


  4. *BolanleAP* Says:

    @ Chari

    Pray never to experience it o! because it's not easy at all, I mean we all have our quirks but to now come and deal with another person's own is too much!

    @ Buttercup

    Yup you just don't know, like I said in the beginning my woes don't just end with this chica! hehe

    @ BSNC

    hehehe...Thank God we don't live together anymore, not like the new one is any better. After this new one sef nobody again o until I go to my husband's house!


  5. Roc Says:

    First time here..
    Nice blog layout.. Liking it..

    As per post.. what can I say but 'Pele.. Roc felt your pain"
    :-)


  6. *BolanleAP* Says:

    Hey Roc!
    Thanks for stopping by... :-)

    I mean and the pain doesn't end there o, the next 2 just have their own wahala also :-( but it's all good.


  7. Cidersweet Says:

    I know what you mean. It can be hell living with untidy ppl. And ppl with attitude probs.
    Have a good weekend though. Cheers!