*BolanleAP*

~I really really really can't wait for the next stage of my life to begin, you know that feeling you get when you graduate college and can't wait to get a job to begin "real" life, well now got the job (which is just kewl but a bit too routine for me...we can call it blah for now) and its like ok what next? I mean you know when before you graduate and you are interviewing or someone asks you what your 5 yr plan is and you give this text book definition dreams of what you would accomplish and come to find out well for me 1 yr and 9 months in that errrr its not really going as I thought it would.

 See my first couple of months out of college I was just enjoying my life spending money, having fancy lunches, I work right btw several stores so I spent my lunch breaks not window shopping anymore but actually buying more clothes and shoes which are currently collecting dust in my closet better still waiting for my mum to come ship them to naij can you imagine what else I could have done with all the money I spent on those things?? I mean it was like not earning $300 every 2wks was like a miracle to me, so why not gbadun a lil bit. 

So that phase quickly ran its course, REALITY set in given that I of course now had responsibilities of paying those annoying things called Bills..don’t we all wish they would just disappear into thin air and then slowly but surely I could see my life falling into the ROUTINE. Wake up, get ready for work, go to work, come back from work, eat dinner and go to sleep. Occasionally going to a friends shin ding, the days of random clubbing went out the window once school was out (ok I lied, I still did have fun but it was always in spurts..on and off periods..winter time was def off! too cold).

 The ROUTINE of course is now the ongoing life I have right now, plus a boyfriend so that always spices things up (I love you A)  and oops did I forget to mention debt also, nooo not from all those clothes and shoes..but from taking a big deal of risk which I lost L..we’ll save that for a different post…only if I could sell the clothes and shoes to contribute to the payment.

 Least to say I am currently living the average American life (the debt is the icing on the cake abi) and am tired of it, so the question is of course what the hell is next?? Well for one I have decided that I am going to business school after much tossing and turning, I was fortunate to have studied what I loved in undergrad and grad but now it’s time to mix it with what would bring me the real MULA…cool cash and I want to do this next year.. at least I’ve got that figured out but its like ok, so why cant it happen this moment and remove me from this dulling americoco life for now.  Like it’s always said patience is the key so for now I will just continue with my routine, while steadily putting plans in place, GMAT to conquer first…blehhhhh!~

6 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    o boy......ROUTINE.....that thing scares the shit of me like crazy!!!! I never want to live a life of routine ever...all the best with B-School oh! and getting outta debt too!


  2. Buttercup Says:

    i feel u..i also cant wait to leave my present phase..i just wish we cud fastforward time, u know!

    i hope the debt isnt so heavy??? good luck with that o..


  3. BSNC Says:

    yea like you said you got it figured out already that is a start. hopefully every other things comes in naturally


  4. *BolanleAP* Says:

    @ Chari

    mehnnnn u dont even understand, like its not too bad yet but still being young I need some spark now, watch me get into business school and then say I want out! hehehe
    The debt has no choice but to get out!

    @ Buttercup

    you are understanding where am coming from, I really can't wait!

    Well not too bad like not 20g's hehehe but atleast I have a game plan for that too so before my 25th birthday (gash coming up nxt yr) it will be cleared up, just have to stick to it...maybe i'll have a post about that, sticking to a budget!

    @ BSNC

    I hope so, like it took a little bit of time for me to come to the decision and say yes that's what I want, the studying better come naturally too hehehe, thanks!


  5. Roc Says:

    eBay my dear.. That's the way to go..
    Just emember to set limits so you don't loose out..

    But at least you got a game plan.. That's the good thing!


  6. *BolanleAP* Says:

    hahahaha...atleast I can recover some of the monies I spent on the "mint condition" goods in my closet...the game plan is the start just have to be disciplined now!